2020 Event Procedures in Provincetown
We are committed to offering a joyful experience of this year’s Festival with the safety of staff, performers, and all attendees in mind. We believe we can do so through your cooperation with the following guidelines.
Wear a face mask during performances. Please bring your own mask. It can be fabulous. Be mindful of maintaining the recommended 6 feet of physical distance, and please follow the Festival Staff’s outdoor seating directions.
Ticketing and Venues
There will be some changes to this year’s Festival format as compared to past Festivals. In an effort to prioritize safety, we are taking the following measures:
- All tickets are ‘Will Call’ and you do not need a mobile or printed ticket to check-in. Your name will be on a list at the venue and will be checked by a distanced member of Festival Staff when you arrive.
- We will be admitting patrons as they arrive. For this reason, we ask that you arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to start times.
- The Festival will not be providing chairs this year. All patrons should bring their own chairs and/or blankets to performances at Bas Relief and Waterfront Parks, or attend in a car for performances at Grace Hall Parking Lot.
- Each patron group will be seated in a designated area spaced 6 feet away from other groups.
- The front row of seats for all shows will be no closer than 10 feet to the actors and no closer than 25 feet to the singers.
- If you are attending in a group, please note that MA Safety Standards restricts groups to no more than six individuals.
- All surfaces will be disinfected after each performance.
- All performances will be one hour or less with no intermission.
- There will be no restrooms, concessions, or gift shop available at the venues.
- This season’s Catalog is available online with links and QR codes provided in email communications and posted at each venue. Hardcopy 2020 Catalogs are available for purchase, and will be delivered after the Festival.
After performances TW Staff will assist individuals to exit in an organized fashion. Following the MA Safety Standards, individuals will not be allowed to gather or interact with actors or other patrons outside of their group after the performance.
We will not be able to move performances indoors this year in case of rain. Should a performance be rained out, we will notify all ticket-holders before the start time. If cancelled, you will have the option to move your ticket to a later show of the same performance, pending availability, or you may request a refund for the price of the ticket.
Please understand that we are only able to accommodate 30-40 patrons per performance (less than half of our normal capacity) and are not able to squeeze in additional patrons under any circumstances. THERE WILL BE NO ADMITTANCE OF ANY UNTICKETED PEOPLE AT ANY PERFORMANCE.
We want you to have the best experience possible during this year’s Festival. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at all to 866-789-TENN or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re grateful for your support. We look forward to greeting you, safely distanced, in Provincetown!